I woke up dreaming of eating brussel sprouts. Don’t ask me why. Ok, you can ask. I picked up my grocery bag from Bear’s Honey Pot which was chock full of delicious organic veggies and meats yesterday and it had a big bag of brussel sprouts and turkey bacon. I love Bear’s because I can feed my family (husband and three dogs) clean farm grown and raised foods for under $100 a week!
Also, I’m guess I was hungry and the other thing is that it’s likely that my body was deficient in some of the vitamins and minerals that are in these delicious little veggies, so I had to look up the benefits for you.
- Detox and support your body
- Antioxidant support
- Anti-inflammatory support
- Cardiovascular support, helps lower cholesterol due to the fiber content.
- Digestive Support, fiber helps the world (in your belly) go round
- Protect your DNA
- Protect you from cancer due to their glucosinolate content
So now I know the other reason why I was dreaming of these delicious little morsels, because I’ve been a bad girl this weekend eating rice which made my body inflamed (knee and leg hurt and I’m exhausted) and my body needed a dose of healthy!
So guess what’s for dinner tonight? You got it, roasted brussel sprouts and bacon! Yum! Tune in tomorrow for the recipe.