Delicious Green Juice Recipes to
Make at Home
A Fresh Introduction to Green Juice ❓
So, what exactly is green juice? It’s a delicious and nutritious drink that is made by extracting liquids from healthy produce. To put it more simply, it’s a healthy juice that is made from fresh vegetables with a little bit of fruit thrown in as well. While the thought of drinking your vegetables may sound weird, it’s actually a fantastic way to help ensure that you are getting plenty of these health-promoting foods in your diet. And don’t worry, just because the juice is mostly made of vegetables doesn’t mean it has to taste bitter. Most recipes call for a bit of fruit or a natural sweetener like honey to add the perfect amount of sweetness to these nutritious drinks.
Because green juices are both tasty and good for you, they are in high demand in many areas, and many grocery stores and other food outlets have them available for purchase. Oftentimes though, the issue with buying these drinks commercially is that the recipes used to create them may not be as healthy and wholesome as the label leads you to believe. If you don’t carefully read the ingredients list, there is a chance you could be getting a green juice that includes unnecessary added sugars or potentially harmful preservatives. This is why, more often than not, it’s better to make your own green juices at home if you want to experience the full range of benefits they have to offer, which include:
- Detoxification and Digestion. Fresh green juices often call for leafy green veggies, like spinach or kale, which are known to be rich in chlorophyll. This powerful plant pigment is known to have many health-promoting properties, including an ability to support your body’s natural detoxification and digestion processes.
- Rich in Antioxidants. A well-balanced diet full of fresh, whole foods is often linked to healthy aging and skin that appears more youthful as you grow older. This is because these foods contain antioxidants, which help neutralize free radicals that would otherwise harm your skin cells (and other cells throughout your body).
- Energy for the Body. Yes, a glass of green juice can give you that much-needed energy boost thanks to the variety of nutrients it contains, like Vitamin C, which plays an important role in how your body metabolizes energy.
- Weight Management. Green juices usually contain few empty calories and are rich in a variety of vital nutrients like vitamins, minerals, and fiber. This means that if you are looking to lose weight or maintain your current weight, incorporating green juices into your routine can be a great way to nourish your body and keep yourself from overeating at your next meal.
Benefits of Making Your Own Green Juice 😆
As we already touched on briefly, there are many options for green juices available on the market today, so you could easily just go to the nearest grocery store and buy a couple to try. But before you decide to do that, we encourage you to consider making your own green juice at home. Why? Here are just a few reasons.
Ingredient and Quality Control
Making your own green juice means that you can mix the ingredients of your choice. You can control the amount of sugar and other ingredients that go into the juice. You can skip the refined sugars and preservatives altogether and only choose to use ingredients that will provide your body with the nourishment it needs. Making your own juice at home means you know exactly what ingredients are used, so you can rest assured that you are giving your body all the good things and none of the bad.
Cost Saving 💵
Opting to buy your green juices from local stores or online suppliers may be convenient, but it is also costly. On average, a single cold-pressed juice can cost about $9, and in some places, it can even run as high as $13 for a single bottle. When you choose to make your own juice at home, you will likely end up saving yourself quite a bit of money in the long run.
Recipe Customization 📒
When you create something for yourself, there are no rules. This is the same case when you choose to make your fresh green juice. If you have an allergy or don’t like specific ingredients, you won’t have to spend time reading labels and hoping to find a juice that suits your needs. Instead, you can simply add and subtract ingredients based on your budget, tastebuds, allergies, and preferences. The way your juice is made is completely up to you when you make it yourself.
Green Juice Recipes to Try
Inspired to try your hand at making your own green juice? Here are some of our favorite recipes for you to try.
Simple Green Juice
- ½ head chopped celery
- 1 chopped cucumber 🥒
- 1 handful of shredded parsley
- ½ bundle kale (cut into pieces) 🥬
- 1 piece of ginger (chopped)
- 1 small green apple (sliced) 🍏
- 1 medium lemon (peeled and sliced) 🍋
Directions: Place the ingredients, one by one, into a juicer and wait until all the juice is extracted. Alternatively, you can place all the ingredients in a blender, add some water and blend until well mixed. Pour into a glass or bottle and serve.
Green Apple Juice
- 1 cored green apple 🍏
- 4 celery stalks
- ½ cucumber 🥒
- ½ piece of fresh ginger
Directions: Wash all ingredients and cut them up into cubes. Use a juicer or blender to mix all ingredients. You can add some water to help achieve your desired consistency. Once well mixed, pour into a glass and enjoy.
Immunity Boosting Green Juice
- 2 cups spinach 🥬
- 2 oranges 🍊
- 2 celery stalks
- A small piece of ginger
Directions: Wash, peel, and chop all ingredients. Run them through a juicer or mix them in a blender until well mixed. Pour the mix through a strainer to get rid of thicker, fibrous pieces (this is optional) and serve.
Apple Lemon Ginger Juice
- 1 bunch of kale (chopped)
- 1 head of romaine lettuce (shredded) 🥬
- 1 medium carrot 🥕
- 5 stalks of celery
- 1 medium cucumber 🥒
- 1 green apple 🍏
- 2 lemons (peeled and sliced) 🍋
- A small piece of fresh ginger
Directions: Place all the ingredients into a juicer and mix till ready. If using a blender, place all ingredients in the blender and add a little water. Blend until smooth. Then pour the mix through a strainer, muslin cloth, or nut milk bag to remove the pulp. Pour into a glass or bottle and enjoy.
Give Your Juice a Boost with Wild Algae Blend
Remember, there are no juice-making rules, and finding new ways to spice up recipes and boost their nutritional content is not only allowed but highly encouraged! One way to do this is by adding an all-natural superfood supplement like Wild Algae Blend to your mix. Everyone who has ever tried to lose weight knows that the really big issue is motivation – where do we find it, how do we keep it going, and what do we do when it slips?
Sending You Tons of Love and Humongous Hugs,
Tina “Smoothie Queen” McDermott