This raspberry chicken dish came out amazing and my husband even rated it a 10! It doesn’t spike your insulin and is super healthy for you, especially when you pair it with some steamed veggies or a salad.
Check out Steviva on these social media platforms:
Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Chicken
1 to 2 red onions chopped (depends on how much you love onions and I love them)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme. If you so happen to have fresh which is amazing use 1 1/2 teaspoons
Four 4 oz skinless/boneless chicken thighs or breasts
1/3 cup seedless/sugarless raspberry preserves (see recipe below, it’s amazing!)
2 tablespoons quality balsamic vinegar
Fresh ground sea salt and black pepper
4 cups frozen rasberries (fresh is fine as well) You can use strawberries if you’d like
2 tablespoons KetoseSweet+ Liquid sweetener
1/2 fresh squeezed lemon
2 tablespoons Chia seeds
1. Make the jam the day before
2. Add the raspberries and lemon juice to a saucepan and set over medium heat. Cook until they break down and become liquidly. about 8 minutes and stir often.
3. Optional but not necessary, strain the raspberries in a fine mesh strainer mashing the fruit through the strainer with a spoon. This is messy work and worth it if you hate seeds. Personally I don’t mind them and skip this step.
4. Place the fruit in a glass bowl or jar that has a lid and stir in the KetoSweet+ liquid sweetener and chia seeds.
5. Once the jam has cooled to room temperature. Refrigerate overnight.
1. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and chop up the onions. Add the onions to the pan and saute for 3 to 5 minutes. I like mine translucent.
2. Season the chicken with the thyme sea salt and fresh cracked pepper on both sides.
3. Move the onions to the sides of the pan and add the chicken to the middle. Add extra oil if needed. Cook for about 5 to 6minutes on each side. It depends on the thickness so to make sure it’s done, use a thermometer which should read 160 degrees.
4. Remove the chicken from the skillet and keep warm.
5. Reduce the heat to medium low and add a bit more sea salt and cracked pepper, the raspberry jam and vinegar. Using a spatula scrape up the delicious pieces of chicken from the pan and stir the sauce constantly until the jam is melted about 3 minutes.
6. Add the chicken back to the pan to coat with the sauce, or you can spoon the sauce over the chicken.
* The jam can be used with everything that you use jam with. Personally I added a few spoons to my yogurt and it was fabulous!!!