Top 10 Healthy Eating Habits
What does this mean?
In a nutshell, healthy habits involve the following:
- More home-cooked food, less eating out.
- More fresh fruit as snacks.
- More fresh vegetables as snacks and with meals.
- More beans as sides or in stews.
- More dense chewy bread, less refined white breads and bread snacks.
- More fish, skinless chicken/turkey, less red meat.
- Smaller servings of red meat, larger servings of vegetables.
- Eating low fat dairy foods.
- Adding less fat in the form of butter, mayo, sour cream, to the food on your plate. This is a huge source of excessive calories.
- Stocking up with healthy snack foods to keep hunger at bay. If you fill up with healthy nutritious calories, you won’t want the junk foods that hunger makes you eat. As far as weight management goes, hunger remains Public Enemy Number One.
Keep it simple. Follow these 10 steps today and start feeling and looking your best tomorrow.
Tina “Cooking With Vegetables” McDermott